In the role of Business Intelligence Analyst specializing in PowerBI, you will be part of the Global Information Management Organization which aims to deliver new insights and drive data analytics transformation. This role will require you to master Business Intelligence front-end solutions, especially PowerBI and work closely with key stakeholders from the business to develop the IT landscape suitable to build systematic insights, data visualization and intuitive dashboards to support the adoption of analytics into the decision-making processes across the Hilti organization.
WHAT DOES THE ROLE INVOLVE?
In your role as Business Intelligence Analyst – Front-End Solutions, you develop as a subject matter expert for tools and ways of working to enable the business key users to develop insights and drive change management within the organization. You will work collaboratively with stakeholders on-demand, translating business needs into technical requirements and BI platform capabilities, you are the change agent to help steer business mindsets towards leveraging internal analytic platforms and solutions for reports and dashboards.
The role will require you to become a Power BI platform IT owner and to work in the following areas:
- Administration and Governance
- Use-case enablement for PowerBI (supporting use-case enablement with Power BI)
- Power BI Gateway management (creating gateway based on the request from users, resolving data source connection with the gateway, resolving any issue on PowerBI service including gateway, workspaces, etc., ensuring gateway server operate in normal state)
- PowerBI roadmap and upcoming features exploration (exploring, testing, promoting new PowerBI features, training developers)
- Daily operation
- User Engagement ; Wiki for Key Users/Developers)
WHAT YOU NEED IS
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Science & Technology or equivalent; a master’s degree is an advantage for this position
- Hands-on experience in a leading BI solution (PowerBI, SAP Analytics Cloud, Tableau, Qlik, SAP Business Objects)
- Passion for IT: we look for someone who is eager to stay current, able to innovate, and challenge the status quo
An entrepreneurial mindset, team player, and good problem-solving skills; leadership and project management experience preferable
- Fluent in English (verbally and written) with excellent communication skills. Additional languages are a plus.
- Knowledge of BI principles, data analytics, data warehousing, data modelling, and front-end reporting tools
- Additional experience with the following is a PLUS:
- Developing reporting and dashboards with BI tools in scales, such as PowerBI, Tableau, ThoughtSpot, Looker or similar tools
- Business Intelligence platform administration or development
- Cloud computing or cloud-based BI tools
- Working with SQL and relational data