- The Maintenance Engineer will ensure the delivery of the business needs by performing effective controlling on the equipment system, troubleshooting and planned preventative maintenance routines to prolong the useful life and optimise the efficiency of production equipment throughout the company.
- Supporting production activities at all time, ensuring minimum response times to equipment breakdown and ensure maintenance cover for production areas is been provided at all time by demonstrating flexibility regarding shift patterns and working overtime as required.
- The Shift Maintenance Engineer will be allocated to a production division, so that when not engaged in PPM or breakdowns they shall work with the areas Process Improvement Engineers, continuously monitoring and improving performance against targeted KPI’s and metrics.
- To set and program the control system of the machine, trouble shooting and diagnosing the machine problem during breakdown.
- Work with machine builder or manufacturer, supplier, production and process engineer for machine building, installation and relocation.
- To carry out repairs on machinery in all areas of the site as expediently as possible and to liase with production personnel to minimise downtime.
- Working closely with Technical team in UK(HQ) and internal team for machine and equipment transfer.
- To ensure that planned preventative maintenance is carried out correctly in a timely manner.
- To review the contractor service or maintenance report.
- To assist and perform tooling and equipment maintenance activities as required.
- To organise, maintain and monitor tooling & automation related essential spare stock levels, informing the Tooling Engineer of issues if required.
- To ensure that all repair and maintenance documentation is maintained with full compliance with all regulatory guidelines and company Standard Operating Procedures at all time.
- To work with Process Improvement Engineers to ensure that corrective actions are put in place to avoid repeated maintenance issues and to assist in the continuous development of production processes and plant.
- Ensure compliance to all aspects of the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
- To personally identify and encourage other associates to do work for improvements to our processes, products and compliances.
- Undertake specific training as required and to identify and help implement training of other associates as required.
- Provide support to the Facilities Maintenance to ensure that critical utility supply is maintained at all time.
- Perform with other associates effective shift handovers at the start and end of each shift.
- Being aware of the effect of one to one’s behaviour on others.
- Participate if required in engineering activities scheduled during plant shutdowns e.g., Christmas / public holidays.
- Ensuring housekeeping and cleanliness standards are met at all time.
- To be responsible for the creation and maintenance of spare parts stock levels.
- To be responsible for the security and maintenance of tools and equipment issued to the Maintenance team.
- Create and manage the Preventative Maintenance Schedule.
- Whilst the above responsibilities constitute the primary functions of the role, the Shift Maintenance Engineer may be required to carry out other reasonable tasks as dictated by the needs of the business.
- Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electromechanical/ Electronic or Higher National Diploma process instrumentation and control > level 3.
- 3 to 5 years industrial experience.
- Certified Chargeman for AO.